Who doesn’t love a good sandwich? And what goes beyond a good sandwich, with some juicy beef, melted cheese, garlic butter and hot sauce? We bet your mouth just started watering. That means you are ready to prepare our 18th hot sauce recipe: the Spicy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.
Spicy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Below you will find the recipe video. Rather read than watch the instructions? Check them out below the video.
Ingredients (3 people):
- Rib Eye or Entrecote, around 375 gram
- Sweet onions, 2
- Jalapeños, 2
- Sandwiches / Subs
- Butter, a big chunk
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Olive Oil
- Hot Sauce Lucky Dog Black Label
- Before starting, put the beef into the freezer for about 40 minutes. This way, it will be a lot easier to thinly cut it afterwards. We used entrecote, because there was no Rib Eye available at the butcher. If needed, you could also use other beef.
- Dice two sweet onions and 2 jalapeño peppers. Add some olive oil to a frying pan and fry the onion and peppers until the onions are lightly caramelised. Take from the fire and put in a bowl.
- Now let’s make the garlic butter. It’s super simple. Just take a big piece of butter and garlic press. Press one clove of garlic into the butter and then mix together with a knife. Set aside.
- Take the slightly frozen beef out of the freezer and cut thinly. Put into a big bowl and set aside.
- Cut open your sub or sandwich and spread the garlic butter on both the insides. Roast the inside on a hot frying pan for about 2 minutes. This will melt the butter and make the inside of the bread crunchy.
- Now let’s add some olive oil to the frying pan again at a high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and fry for 2 minutes on 1 side. Sprinkle some sea salt over your meat. Then flip it and bake for another minute.
- Turn down the heat and add the fried onions and peppers. Now let’s add the hot sauce. Sprinkle a generous amount of Lucky Dog Black Label hot sauce over the meat, to give it a spicy and sweet touch. Mix all together one more time.
- Now we are almost done, but let’s not forget the cheese. Get some Provolone cheese and put over the beef. When it’s melted, use a spatula to get it onto the sandwich.
- Put some extra hot sauce on if you really like spicy or just start eating. Enjoy!
Subscribe for more recipes!
Do you want a new hot sauce recipe every Sunday? Support us by going to our YouTube channel, where you will find a new recipe every Sunday. And ofcourse, don’t forget to subscribe. Thanks!