Can you use hot sauce in cocktails? The easy answer is ‘yes’, but is it also delicious? The answer to this question can also be ‘yes’, but you will have to find the right flavor combinations. That’s not always as easy as it sounds, so we would like to lend a helping hand with this spicy variation of the Moscow Mule, in which we use Jalapeño and hot sauce. We’ll call it the Jalapeño Mule. A refreshing, yet spicy cocktail for the real spicelords. We bet you and your friends are going to love it.
Down below you will find the video recipe of the Jalapeño Mule with hot sauce. Prefer to read the recipe? Then scroll passed the video.
Ingredients Jalapeño Mule:
- Vodka, 37ml
- Cointreau, 10ml
- Ginger Beer, 90 ml
- Queen Majesty Scotch Bonnet & Ginger hot sauce
- Jalapeño, one slice
- Lime juice of half a lime
- Take a Jalapeño and cut of a slice. Get rid of the seeds, cut in half and throw it in the cocktail shaker.
- Add the juice of half a lime and some Scotch Bonnet & Ginger hot sauce by Queen Majesty. Use a cocktail pestle to get the most flavor out of all the ingredients.
- Take 37ml Vodka and put it in the shaker. Then add 10ml of orange liquor, for example Cointreau. Add a lot of ice and put the lid on the shaker. Now shake!
- When the beverage has cooled you can pour it in a glass through the cocktail strainer to make sure that the ice and other ingredients stay in the shaker. Fill the glass with ice and top it off with the ginger beer. And that’s it.
- Now it’s time to enjoy your refreshing and spicy Jalapeño Mule.