In the second episode of Hot Sauce Recipes we present to you our favorite Spicy Meatball Marinara Sub recipe. In Dutch we would just call it a sandwich with spicy meatballs and tomato sauce, but that doesn’t sound as fancy. Plus, fancyness is not what this sandwich needs. Because once you have made this spicy sub you will want this as your go to weekend lunch. Or dinner, or late night snack, or breakfast, or whenever..
Spicy Meatball Marinara Sub Recipe
Down below you will find the instruction video on how to make this heavenly sub. Or is it from hell? Well, it’s hot and delicious, so maybe a bit of both. Do you want to read the instructions at your own pace? You can read it under the video.
Ingredients Spicy Meatball Marinara Sub Recipe
This is ingredients list is for about 3 subs
- Ground beef, 500 gram half and half
- Long subs to bake in the oven
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Olive oil
- Bread crumbs, 100 gr
- 1 raw egg
- Oregano, 1 teaspoon
- Wiltshire Chilli Farm Naga Salt mix
- Pepper, to your own taste
- Parmesan cheese, 75 gr
- A pinch of flour
- 1 Onion
- Canned tomatoes, San Marzano 400 gr
- Bravado Black Garlic & Reaper hot sauce
- Cut the garlic as small as possible. Put it in a bowl.
- Add 500 grams of ground beef, together with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 100 grams bread crumbs, 1 raw egg, 1 teaspoon oregano, black pepper and make it spicy with the Naga Salt by Wiltshire Chilli Farm. You could make it extra spicy by adding hot sauce to it. Finally you add the Parmesan cheese.
- Now mix everything together with your (clean!) Hands and take a baking tray with baking paper. Now roll meatballs and sprinkle them with some flour. Put aside for a moment.
- Now sauté an onion in 1-2 table spoons of olive oil. Add a can of San Marzano tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes with your spatula and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn the tomatoes every now and then. Take a hand blender and mix everything until you have a sauce.
- Take a frying pan and add some oil. Toss the meatballs in the pan (gently) and bake them until brown on medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to bake the sub(s). When it’s ready you keep the oven on temperature for a while.
- Spread the sub with butter and add 5 to 6 meatballs. Add a large spoon of tomatosauce.
- Cut some Mozzarella in slices and put them on top of the meatballs and the sauce. Put the sub back into the oven (that was still on). After 3 minutes the cheese is melted perfectly.
- Take the sub out of the oven and make the sandwich extra spicy and extra tasty with the Bravado Black Garlic & Carolina Reaper hot sauce.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get a unique and spicy recipe from us on every Sunday.