Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
In The Netherlands we love our grilled cheese sandwiches, but we are pretty sure almost everyone around the world loves it. Fortunately this dish goes super well with hot sauce, so we decided to make the ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Our recipe contains a spicy meat, thick pieces of bread and loads of cheese. Follow along our 12th Hot Sauce Recipe.
Below you will find the video of the entire recipe. Rather read it? Then scroll past the video.
Ingredients Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Bread, sliced
- Minced Meat, 50/50 pork/beef about 300 grams for 4 to 5 sandwiches
- Tomato paste, a can of around 140 grams
- Red Onion, half
- Cheese, two slices per sandwich
- Jalapeños, pickled
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Hot sauce with a lot of Garlic (like Pain is Good Garlic)
- Pepper & Salt, to taste
- Dice the onion, garlic and pickled jalapeño.
- Add two table spoons of oil to a pan and fry the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Add the meat and break the ball of minced meat with a spatula. Fry the meat at a medium heat until it’s nice and golden brown. In the meanwhile also add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Now let’s put in the tomato paste and 3 or 4 table spoons of garlic hot sauce. Mix well and fry for a few minutes. Add the diced jalapeño and put the mix into a bowl. Put aside.
- Take 2 slices of bread and cover both slices with cheese. Cover 1 side with the spicy meat mix and place piece of bread with cheese on top.
- Before putting the sandwich in a medium hot pan, spread some butter on the outside of the sandwich or put some butter in your pan.
- Grill the sandwich on a medium heat until both sides of the sandwich are goldenbrown and the cheese has melted.
- Once your spicy grilled cheese sandwich is ready, take it out of the pan. Add some extra hot sauce if this isn’t hot enough for you. Enjoy!
Do you want a new hot sauce recipe every Sunday? Support us by going to our YouTube channel, where you will find a new recipe every Sunday. And ofcourse, don’t forget to subscribe. Thanks!
Leave a Reply