Spicy Chipotle Popcorn: the Ultimate Movie Night snack
For our 10th hot sauce recipe we thought it was time for the ultimate movie night snack: popcorn. Of course we weren’t going to make you some regular popcorn, we are showing you how to give your homemade popcorn an amazing spicy, sticky and smokey kick.
Homemade Spicy Popcorn
In the video below you’ll find the recipe video about our homemade spicy popcorn. Rather read the instructions then watch the video? Scroll down where you will find all the instructions and the list of ingredients.
Ingredients Spicy Popcorn
- Corn for popcorn
- Brown sugar
- Olive Oil
- Tia Lupita Chipotle hot sauce
- Tubby Tom’s King Cajun spice mix
- Take a big pan and cover the bottom with a thin layer of olive oil. Throw in just a few kernels to check whether the oil and pan are hot enough. Once the few cornels have popped, just add some more olive oil and fill the bottom with the corn. Close the pan with a lid.
- Once allmost all kernels have popped, turn of the heat and set aside.
- Now let’s make the sticky chipotle sauce for the popcorn. Get a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 tabels spoons of olive oil and 1 table spoon of chipotle hot sauce. A great one for this recipe is Tia Lupita Chipotle hot sauce. Stir well.
- Take back the pan with popcorn and add the spicy sauce. Mix well.
- Once the popcorn and the spicy chipotle sauce have been mixed well, finish off with some Tubby Tom’s King Cajun spice mix. This spice mix already contains some salt and other spices, so don’t extra salt. Stir again and you’re ready to go.
- Switch on the TV and enjoy your movies with these sweet, sticky and spicy chipotle popcorn.
Subscribe for more recipes!
Do you want a new hot sauce recipe every Sunday? Support us by going to our YouTube channel, where you will find a new recipe every Sunday. And ofcourse, don’t forget to subscribe. Thanks!