In our country (The Netherlands) hot dogs aren’t something you can get at every corner of the street, . In the USA that’s a different story, but fortunately it’s not really hard to make a good hot dog yourself. The art is mainly in creating the perfect combination of toppings. And since we like things spicy, we couldn’t help ourselves and had to create a hot dog involving hot sauce.
A perfect hot dog has all the flavours: something savory, something tart, a bit of sweetness and of course a (whole lot of) spice. That’s why we came up with our Spicy Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with hot sauce and spicy salad. You can leave out the bacon of you want, but for us it’s the perfect upgrade. Check out the recipe video below. Do you rather read the full instructions, then find it below the video.
List of ingredients:
- Hot Dogs
- Crunchy raw veggies / salad, a small bag
- Onion, sliced in half
- Queen Majesty Jalapeño, Tequila & Lime hot sauce, a couple of spoons
- Bacon, 2 thin slices per hot dog
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pickles, diced
- Fried onion, as a topping
- Butterfly Bakery Maple Wood Smoked Onion hot sauce, as much as you like
- Get a bowl and put in the raw veggie salad. Take a bottle of mild, tart hot sauce with jalapeño, for example the Queen Majesty Jalapeño, Tequila & Lime and drizzle in 2 to 3 spoons through the salad. Mix well.
- Take a hot dog and wrap with bacon. Use cocktail sticks to prevent the bacon from falling of during grilling.
- Put some oil on the grill and bake the sliced onion until caramelised.
- In the meantime, put the hot dogs with bacon on the grill and grill until the bacon has become golden brown all the way around. Take out the cocktail sticks when the hot dogs are ready.
- Cut open some hot dog buns and put them the grill too, with the inside of the buns facing down.
- Now let’s finish the hot dogs. Put some of the spicy, raw veggie salad on the buns. Now add the hot dogs, cheddar cheese, caramalised onion and some diced pickles. Now let’s top all this with the lovely smokey Butterfly Bakery Maple Wood Smoked Onion hot sauce or an other smokey hot sauce.
- As a finishing touch you could add fried onions, for that extra crunch and flavour.
Do you want more recipes involving hot sauce? Then we can definitely use your support! Please subscribe to our Youtube channel, so we can upload a new hot sauce recipe every Sunday. Thanks a lot!