Do you always get your chicken nuggets from the big fast food chains? Unnecessary, because you can easily make them at home and they will turn out way more tasty and crunchy. Discover our Fiery Chicken Nugget recipe below. You’ll never have the factory chicken nuggets again!
In the video below we are guiding you through the recipe of our Fiery Chicken Nuggets. Rather read the entire recipe? Check out the instructions below this video.
Ingrediënten Pittige Kipnuggets
- Chicken Breast, 500 gram
- Buttermilk, 1 Liter
- Raijmakers Heetmakers Brain Buzzer, 3 table spoons
- Sea Salt
- Frying Oil
- Tubby Tomm’s Death Dust
- Take a bowl and fill with 1 liter of buttermilk. Throw in 3 table spoons of Raijmakers Heetmakers Brain Buzzer. Add in a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and your brine is ready.
- Take 500 grams of chicken breast (or thigh) and cut into nugget sized pieces. Remove dark red pieces of chicken and throw the pieces into the brine. Cover with cling foil and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Take a deep frying or cast iron pan and add a generous amount of frying oil. We used about 1,5 liters and that was sufficient. Heat the oil until about 160 degrees Celsius.
- In the meantime, take a deep plate and add a layer of (wheat) flour of about 2 centimeters thick. Add a generous amount of Tubby Tomm’s Death Dust and mix well.
- Now let’s take the chicken out of the brine and put into the spicy flour mix. Make sure that all pieces of the chicken are well covered and throw back into the brine. Then bring back into the spicy flour mix. This double breading will make the crust of the chicken nuggets extra crunchy.
- When the oil has hit the 160 degrees Celsius, put in the chicken nuggets. Let them fry for about 5 minutes at a constant heat. Get them out and put the nuggets on a oven rack to loose some of the heat and oil.
- When you really like your chicken nuggets hot, just throw some extra Death Dust over them. Don’t be scared.
Do you want a new hot sauce recipe every Sunday? Support us by going to our YouTube channel, where you will find a new recipe every Sunday. And ofcourse, don’t forget to subscribe. Thanks!