Spicy Shakshuka with Habanero & Coffee hot sauce
Hot sauce & eggs. For us it truely is a golden combination. Whether you cook, stirk or bake the egg, a good splash of hot sauces always finishes it off. This also counts for our Spicy Shakshuka. This simple but delicious egg dish is easily upgraded with the use of some quality hot sauce. Use this Shakshuka as a kickstart of the day or just as lunch or dinner. It’s both healthy and very tasty.
Below you’ll find the recipe video of our Spicy Shakshuka with Queen Majesty Red Habanero & Black coffee hot sauce. Rahter read the entire recipe? Scroll down below the video.
- Eggs, 4
- Canned tomato (diced), 400 gram
- Sweet Paprika, 2
- Red Onion, 1
- Red Jalapeño or an other red pepper, 1
- Queen Majesty Red Habanero & Black Coffee
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cut the red onion right through the middle and slice it. Do the same with the sweet paprika, after removing the top and the core, of course.
- Take a red jalapeño and slice this one too.
- Heat two table spoons of olive oil in a pan and fry the red onion for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Then put the paprika and peppers in and fry for another 5 minutes on medium heat. Add an pinch of salt.
- Now let’s add the diced tomato. Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes until all vegetables are softened.
- Take the Queen Majesty Red Habanero & Black Coffee hot sauce and add this to the pan. Or you can also take an other habanero sauce.
- Get a spoon to make a small hole into the tomato, paprika and onion base. Crack open an egg and throw it into the hole you created. Repeat this with 2 or 3 more eggs. Close the pan with a lid and keep the fire at low heat.
- After 5 minutes the egg should be well cooked. Make sure to check with a spoon.
- Now your Spicy Shakshuka is finished. However, you might want to add some more hot sauce. Oh, one last time. Take a piece of bread and dip into the Shaskuka. Delicious!
Do you want a new hot sauce recipe every Sunday? Support us by going to our YouTube channel, where you will find a new recipe every Sunday. And ofcourse, don’t forget to subscribe. Thanks!
Leave a Reply