Flamin’ Frittata with a spicy arugula salad
This is our fifth hot sauce recipe and hopefully you will have an impression by now of how versatile hot sauce can be. Today we will prove that in the ultimate way, because this recipe can be used as breakfast, lunch or even as a side during diner. Ever heard of a Frittata? This Italian egg-dish can be interpreted as a very thick omelet and is really simple to make yourself. Ofcourse we’re not going to make just a Frittata, but we’ll do it our way. The spicy way. This is the Flamin’ Frittata.
In the video down below we will take you through the steps to make this delicious Frittata. If you want to read the steps on your own pace you can read the instructions under the video. Good luck!
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Bell Pepper, cut in strips
- Olive Oil
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 100 grams diced Mushrooms
- Pain is Good Garlic hot sauce
- 50 grams of shredded Aged cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Jalapeño hot sauce
Instructions for the Flamin’ Frittata:
- Take 10cm of Chorizo and cut it in small cubes.
- Cut the red pepper and let the seeds stay in.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan (medium hot) and cook the chorizo and peppers for 2 minutes.
- Now add the bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes with the chorizo and peppers and then add the mushrooms. Cook everything for an additional 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile you take a bowl and add 8 eggs. Beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt.
- Take the Pain is Good Garlic Style hot sauce and add a generous amount to the egg mixture. Ofcourse you could aslo choose another savoury hot sauce to add to the mixture.
- Add 50 grams of cheese to the egg mixture and give it a good stir.
- Now add the mixture to the vegetables and chorizo. Let it cook on medium temperature. You can also cover the pan with a lid or other pan, to make sure the egg will be cooked on the top as well. Use a spatula to check bottom of the egg to see if it’s nice and golden brown, because then it’s time to flip it. To be sure you can also use your spatula to poke gently into the Frittata and check if the bottom is cooking well.
- Take a big pan, for example the one you have used as a lid, to flip the Frittata and put it on the heat. Let everything cook for a few minutes.
- In the meantim you can make the arugula salad, which we’ll make spicy with the Bravado Creamy Herb & Jalapeño hot sauce. It’s the perfect hot sauce for this, because it’s not extremely spicy and it has a great (herby) flavor. Here you will find more mild hot sauces we offer and that you could use for this salad.
- When the Frittata is good to go you put it on a plate and add the arugula salad in the middle. Cut the Frittata in slices like a pizza.
- You could eat the Frittata right away, or let it cool in a fridge and save it for the next day. Just put it in the microwave for a short while and enjoy this heavenly Frittata as a breakfast, lunch or whatever. You could even eat it cold and it would still be great.
- Oh and one last request …
Subscribe to our Youtube channel if you want a new recipe involving hot sauce every sunday Thanks for the support! 🙂
Leave a Reply